[kj] Democracy

Nick Scott npscott at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun May 14 21:49:58 EDT 2017

I remember it being released in the UK on April Fools day, rushing out to buying
it and actually thinking it was an April fool, I think the last time I have
listened to it in it's entirety was probably upon the remaster re-release in
hope it sounded far less muddy, it helped...just a little.

I always thought it to be an absolute mess of an album, was hoping more from it
after the lead up single in Democracy/Mass and absolutely bizarre after the
success of 'Pandemonium' which was the highest success that KJ had in Europe
since 'Night Time' era.  Exactly the same KJ line up with
Coleman/Walker/Glover/Dugmore yet this time round they were not firing the right
cylinders.

The whole bollocks of Jaz announcing to the music papers that they were not
going to play the UK until the obsession with 'Brit Pop' was over I feel was
just a ruse because Youth hated touring during the 'Pandemonium' period and had
other commitments with production.

Terrible production by Youth, half baked ideas, no promotion, minimal touring.