[kj] Quasi-OT: "Lose Yourself" Lawsuit/New Zealand

Alex Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Mon May 1 11:46:51 EDT 2017

Surely there's a weird KJ undercurrent here, no?

Evidently, Eminem is suing a New Zealand political party for usage of an instrumental track that sounds strangely like his track, "Lose Yourself," in a campaign ad.

Personally speaking, I always thought "Lose Yourself" sounded remarkably like a "Pssyche," but what do I know.

But also, Emimen's from Detroit -- Geordie used to live in Detroit. The lawsuit's centered around New Zealand -- Jaz lives off New Zealand.

I'm probably overthinking this, but hey ... it's Monday.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/eminems-lawsuit-with-new-zealand-political-party-begins-w479661

Alex in NYC