[kj] (OT) The Trump Continues...

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 7 16:43:51 EST 2017

Good evening, everyone.

So, here we are, well into the first Trump administration. What's happening?

Well, in terms of at-this-point comparisons, he's already one of the least popular presidents ever. The impact of this is only underlined by the failure of his representatives to come up with some kind of explanation for this, relying instead on his usual bluff that such things are rigged, confirming that he still doesn't have a solid damage limitation or media management team in place yet. Even more importantly, why hasn't he?

So far, Trump has done nothing that required the support or permission of someone else. Again, why not? Why is he suddenly so reluctant to press forward with his plans?

Naturally, he has turned his back on half of his election promises. A professional politician would explain that such compromises are an essential part of politics. But having sold himself to the world as a non-politician, Trump cannot use that defense. Is it because he has encountered serious opposition (and occasionally been defeated)  in those areas he has tried to act? Given that his new immigration order suffers from exactly the same issues as his last one, this doesn't look likely to change. And on that note, did no-one tell Trump he would still have the same problems? As I said before, why is there no solid legal team in place yet?

With the exception of responding to other's actions (North Korea etc), international politics has received no attention whatsoever.

We do hear Trump manufacturing ridiculous accusations about Obama wiretapping him (again, solid media and legal teams should have counselled him against transparent lies of that nature), but in almost every other area, Trump is content to be seen to be doing the absolute minimum. Everyone has their own opinion about Trump, but I honestly did not expect him to be almost paralyzed into inaction like this. What on earth is he doing?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Jim.