[kj] A Year of Trump

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 6 14:31:20 EST 2017

I don't think anyone can possibly believe that the world isn't in a much worse situation than it was last year. My Japanese in-laws  were initially worried that Trump wouldn't be interested in helping to defend Japan, but now they're petrified that he's dragging them into a war with North Korea and enabling their own whackjobs at the same time.

His obvious stupidity, utter naivete, incompetence and personal corruption are given daily proof, but few people seem to notice. I never thought I would yearn for the glory days of Dubya et al.  It's hard to imagine how the situation could be even remotely worse including under a hypothetical Hilary Clinton presidency. Whatever horrendous flaws she may have had, saying at this juncture "Well, Hilary would have been worse!" is nothing short of ridiculous.

Jim.