[kj] "DJ Mont Sherar" - Okay, what is with this guy?

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 06:28:55 EDT 2016

How has he been a jackass? Just curious. I'd never heard of him until I
looked him up 5 minutes ago.

(From the book publisher's site:)

"Mont Sherar, photographer, DJ and all round creative polymath is the
author and photographer of the forthcoming PC-Press publication *Twilight
of the Mortals*.

His relationship and passion for Killing Joke goes back to hearing ‘Are You
Receiving’ being played in a club in Vancouver by then DJ and fellow
Canadian Steven R. Gilmore shortly after its debut release in 1979. Gilmore
went on to become one of the most influential sleeve designers and graphic
artists in the industrial and post-industrial dance music scene. Sherar
then brought the post-punk sounds that he heard Gilmore playing to a new
audience in Miami, helping to set up influential dance clubs such as Fire &
Ice and the infamous Kitchen Club as resident DJ and promoter.

Ever since then he has been hooked into the world of the Killing Joke;
playing their music as one of the original post-punk DJs, organising some
of their first US gigs, introducing them to other US musicians like Skinny
Puppy, and in 2008 becoming a regular photographer documenting their
journey as a reformed band who set out on a path of producing three of
their most affecting albums ever.
We are pleased and honoured to welcome Mont to the PC-Press family."