[kj] "D&RS" DVD: PAL vs. NTSC for US / Canada

T.B. planetary at socal.rr.com
Mon Oct 3 14:28:41 EDT 2016

Although in the US, the PAL standard doesn't matter to me as I have an
all-region, all format Oppo player.  But hopefully this doesn't mean orders
to the US will be delayed while inquiries, etc are sorted through from
confused North American customers and possibly NTSC format discs are
eventually pressed.

++++++++++

From: Gathering [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On Behalf Of Rheinhold
Squeegee

FYI:

The "D&RS" DVDs are about to ship and if you pre-ordered be advised that you
purchased the PAL version. PAL is the broadcast standard for Europe and
elsewhere while NTSC is used in the US and Canada. Most computers and many
DVD players can convert PAL to an NTSC output, but many cannot. If you live
in the US or Canada and pre-ordered, you can contact the filmmakers at:

mail at coffeefilms.com

with your order info and they will "try to sort it", i.e. substitute the
NTSC version once it is available.