[kj] Trump

Rheinhold Squeegee kjlist at live.com
Thu Nov 10 13:53:09 EST 2016

Nice to see some spirited discussion and actual counterpoint here; it was unexpected.

When you have to choose between two horrible candidates, one of two horrible candidates is going to win. The idea that "Trump is worse" is entirely beyond the point. Trump was just easier to hate and categorize according to the lazy fall-backs of "racist" and "sexist" as opposed to Clinton's more nuanced "pernicious liar," "duplicitous megalomaniac," "elitist multi-millionaire," "influence peddler," "political coattail rider" or "sexual predator enabler." Sorry, Trump was not worse; they were both unacceptable candidates and if ever the flaws of a two-party system have been laid bare on the world stage...

Reality is, the Democrats put Trump in office. Their negative campaign backfired miserably and they found the one person out of 310 million US citizens who couldn't beat Donald Trump. A doddering, pre-dementia Bernie Sanders would have walked away with the presidency, even with his unsupportable, wishful thinking of free college straight from a freshman's Chomsky 101 term paper. Conversely, the GOP could have run Marco Rubio and won in a bigger landslide. Shit, they could have run MN Timberwolves point guard Ricky Rubio, and I don't think he's even a citizen, not that it's stopped us in the past [?]