[kj] Belfast

Paul dubecho at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 20:11:09 EDT 2016

Just home after night in Belfast, shattered lol

Day 2 of Killing Joke european tour 2016 and early doors, 6:30pm. I'd
missed the support on Sunday in Dublin, but caught them last night, Death
Valley High <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p10KU2yKv0Y>, they were not
bad at all, to be honest. They did a short tight set.

KJ came on at 8pm and were done by 9:30pm on the dot. Youth wore some sort
of kimono thing and again lept around the stage like a teenager for the
night. Jaz was a little more talkative between songs, but still not as
animated as I remember him being, possibly saving himself and his voice for
Brixton. Geordie again seemed to have had some tech issues, mic and guitar,
so kept Diamond Dave busy. Big Paul, just superb, I'd happily listen to
just him pound away for a few hours on his own lol

Sound was not as good as Dublin, very muggy at times and Jaz was as I said,
either saving his voice or forgot the words (sounded like he'd forgotten
the words of I Am The Virus, in Dublin) and he let the audience pretty much
sing most of ESS. The setlist was much the same as Dublin, but with TDARS,
added and because of the poxy curfew, less 4 songs, one of which was
Wardance, which always goes down well in the North, but I'm not complaining
it was KILLING JOKE live!

Merch stand consisted of a selection of the official bootlegs, some of
Youth's books and a KJ shopping bag lol Also, a choice of two T-shirts. One
was a version of the Absolute Dissent cover, but with 3 crosses and the
moon, the other was the KJ first album cover, both with tour dates on the
back. Had to get a wall one myself lol

Brought the wife along and she actually had a great night. We met up with
some old friends and was cool to hook up with some of the old Belfast punks
too. I did see some faces I recognised from FB, but did not say hello, as I
always feel weird introducing myself to strangers by either getting their
names wrong or asking are you so and so from The Gathering email list or
FB, but maybe next time. Felt like a fucking pensioner leaving the venue so
early and seeing the line of what looked like 16 year olds queuing to get
into the club night for which the curfew had been for, but either way it
was another great gig and I'm a tad envious of all of yee that will get to
see the lads play on the rest of the tour, hope yee have as good a time as
I have had the last two nights.

I did manage to get a MD recording of last nights gig and kind of sorry now
I did not get Dublin show too, as sound was great there, but I was in the
middle of the madness for it and recording was not an option. If anyone
wants a copy of Belfast gig, mail me off list, I should have it ready in
the next day or so. It's not soundboard, but is listenable. Anyway, that's
it from me, look forward to hearing from rest of yee in the coming weeks,
have a good one, cheers.

Belfast setlist (last 4 not played). Spell checker still needed lol

[image: Inline images 1]