[kj] X-Files

T.B. planetary at socal.rr.com
Sun Jan 31 17:41:40 EST 2016

I thought the second episode was vastly superior to the first one.  Reminded
me a *lot* of the old David Cronenberg movie, "Scanners" with a shadowy
government agency breeding mutants/telepaths via drugs in mothers of unborn
babies.  Even had one scene of almost head explodin' greatness.  And yeah,
Killing Joke should have had a couple songs featured in this show,
everything fits right in.  The mini-series (or whatever they want to call
it) is far from perfect so far, has a lot of faults that the original series
suffered from, especially in its last 3 seasons with inconstant writing,
arbitrary character shifts, and almost amateurish acting across the board.
Still, I dig the shows, faults n' all.

T.B.