[kj] Lists....always fun!

T.B. planetary at socal.rr.com
Tue Jan 5 15:52:54 EST 2016

From: Gathering [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On Behalf Of Brian Whitehead

KJ - Pylon
Drenge - Undertow
Kid Wave - Wonderlust
Slaves - Are You Satisfied
Landshapes - Heyoon
Lanterns On The Lake - Beings
Best gigs - Drenge - Liverpool Kazimier
                 Slaves - Manchester Gorilla
                 KJ - Manchester Ritz
                 Them there Sleaford Mods (x2)

Worst Gigs - Wolf Alice - Manchester Albert Hall (zzzzz)
                    KJ - Leeds ...because I've never felt as ill in my life...but I live to fight another day
Happy New Year to you all.

Brian.

++++++++++++++++++++

I really liked Drenge's album, I've expressed my thoughts about Pylon being good but not quite as good as the previous two albums.

Another band I got into last year was Savages, their debut album "Silence Yourself" actually came out about 2+ years ago so I was a bit late to the party.  However, they have a new album coming out in just a few weeks which so far sounds excellent and I'm looking forward to finally seeing them when they tour later this year.  Also, the new Bowie album coming out this week is excellent.

Shows I caught in 2015

2015

Faith No More (4/24/15 –The Wiltern)
Probably the best show of the year for me, tied with Muse.

U2 (5/2/15 – LA Forum)
Good show, but this tour was not my favorite from the band. Loved the stage setup and production though, especially from the floor. Got "California" and "Sweetest Thing" on b-stage.

U2 (5/31/15 – LA Forum)
Better show, got "All I Want Is You."

Van Halen (7/14/15 - Irvine Meadows)
Surprisingly great show, loved the deep cuts and Dave was... well, Dave at his funniest. Got 4th row pit the day before the show.

Primal Scream / The Cult (11/20/15 – Hollywood Palladium)
Cult is solid as always, but Primal Scream disappointed.

Phantogram / Muse (12/18/15 - Staples Arena)
Great show and stage production (if a bit derivative of U2), Muse is the best rock band playing arenas these days. Opener Phantogram just didn't work on a such a big stage.