[kj] KJ Symphonic album in the works

Daniel Corvo danielcorvo at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Feb 8 11:25:27 EST 2016

Yep, quite happy with Jaz keeping his classical hobby separate from Killing Joke.

Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 11:14:07 -0500
From: vassifer at earthlink.net
To: gathering at misera.net; gathering at misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] KJ Symphonic album in the works
CC: vassifer at earthlink.net

Personally speaking, I'm not really enthused by it. What I love about Killing Joke is the sound they create based quite specifically on the band members. I don't need a symphonic gaggle of woodwind-botherers to re-interpret the SINGULAR and UNIQUE sound of Geordie's guitar. Likewise, who needs a gaggle of timpani-whackers when you have Big Paul Fucking Ferguson?
That Killing Joke are able conjure the music they do while working with the limitations of a four-piece rock ensemble is the impressive part. Roping in a symphony seems entirely superfluous.
Alex in NYC