[kj] Chameleons Home is Where The Heart Is

Brian Whitehead bawhitehead at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 09:10:11 EST 2016

And for me also, a close run thing between KJ and Chameleons. KJ probably
win due to their vastly superior musical output.

Managed to see all the Chameleons reunion gigs at the Witchwood in Ashton
(circa 2000?), such an amazing experience.
The LP they made on their comeback (Why Call It Anything) was very very
poor in my opinion.

I've never taken The Chameleons Vox thing too seriously. It's just be great
to here classic songs in a live environment again.
Glad Nick pointed out about it being crap when they advertised that they
would be playing all of "What Does Anything Mean Basically". What about the
night after as "song picked by the fans" errrr really, I'm sure they played
Denims And Curls which I refuse to believe was up there in a fans best of.

As for Mark, well what a disgrace his recent attack on John Lever in
interviews. The less said about Mark the better.

I don't usually recommend best-of but The Chameleons - Return Of The
Roughnecks is excellent.
Also another hidden gem is the LP Mark did with Yves Altana under the name
Invincible called Venus.

Brian.