[kj] Anniversaries - Brighter 86 / Democracy 96 / Hosannas 06

C Jr nomeanswhat at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 03:50:05 EDT 2016

BTATS - a good album, some pretty solid songs, despite the 'poppier' sound,
production and textures... its heart is in the right place, good lyrics and
mood throughout... Neither their best, nor worst... A logic and
understandable step in the band's evolution, I'd say.

DEMOCRACY - one of my favorite KJ albums... I love almost everything about
it, even the murky production... had Mass and Four Stations made the cut,
it would probably be my favorite of the bunch.

HFTBOH - I concur that most of the songs are a bit too long, still, I like
the album... it's a step down from 2003's return, but also a necessary
transition into Absolut Dissent territory.

Apart from OTG, KJ is yet to disappoint me.

mvh
-Jr.