[kj] Back to the Bogside

Paul dubecho at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 15:39:02 EDT 2016

Link to pic https://i.imgur.com/9EIxjph.jpg (To big to embed in email on
the list)

Not "the" picture, but from same series and quiet possibly same riot, is
this McCullin, photo.

Just out of boredom, I was able to pinpoint it to William St, Derry. The
building the soldiers are running past, is gone, just a market stall there
now.
The open door is to a company that was called City Radio Cabs and as can be
seen in the picture, had a phone number 4466. The company is still there
just at the back of where the stall is in the lower picture and called City
Cabs now, but still has the same last 4 digits in their number. The A D
that can be seen, is from Br*ad*ley & McLaughlin undertakers, who still
trade on the other corner of the street.
As you can see all the buildings are relatively new, possibly 80s.

So again, to try hunt down the exact position of the album cover photo,
would be next to impossible, unless you had been there as such.

I do hope you have more luck though, if you follow it up Alex.

​