[kj] TDARS DVD available

Nick Scott npscott at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Apr 9 09:06:29 EDT 2016

Any DVD that is listed as region free will play on any DVD Player, regardless of
whether that DVD Player is multi region or not.

A region free DVD has no embedded 'region' variation applied.  Therefore no
circumvention is necessary.

If a DVD is however embedded with a region code and you wanted to play it in
another country then a multi region DVD player is necessary.  For example a
North American DVD is Region Code 1 and a Region Code 2 is Europe, Japan, the
Middle East, Egypt, South Africa, Greenland.  You could not play a Region Code 2
DVD in a North American player without it being multi region unlocked.

Regardless of this, as previously mentioned, the only issue then is the PAL/NTSC
signal which as I have explained is pretty much a none issue these days as most
modern TVs are multisync and accept 50/60hz signals just fine.