[kj] Back to the Bogside

Paul dubecho at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 17:51:51 EDT 2016

Bogside, Derry, County Derry : ) It comes from the Irish for a line of oak
trees, Doire.

Will have a look later and see if anything that stands out and might be
able to use Google maps, but to be honest, I would not hold out much hope,
as the original picture was from sometime in the 70s, when the troubles
were still ongoing, but Derry, as with other cities in the north, has had a
huge amount of work done in building and regeneration of areas hit hard,
and the Bogside was one place that did get it bad unfortunately. Looks like
it was in one of the housing estates (projects) too and them streets are
identical for huge parts of the city.

Nice full size of original
http://www.tate.org.uk/art/images/work/AR/AR01193_10.jpg