[kj] No Pylons in Norway

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 15:34:15 EDT 2015

So I head up to one of the two vinyl-only stores in central Oslo
to buy a copy of Pylon this afternoon, only to be told "It might be here
by Friday". Oh well, I'll try the other shop then. "Nah... we've ordered a
few
copies but haven't heard anything yet." Hmm.

Dammit. Right then, I'll go and buy the CD in the nearest branch of the
main
music/DVD chain store.... except they haven't got it either. And they don't
know
if they will be getting it, ever, at all. But now the spending urge has a
grip, so I
go looking for the 3CD Singles Collection, which I never bought at the
time, but
meant to get around to picking up one day. Not there. In fact, no Killing
Joke
whatsoever. Not a thing. Nada. No one really knows about Killing Joke in
this country. (When they've come up in conversation quite a few of our
Norwegian friends have given me blank looks.)

While I'm walking home I ponder on the fact that the last time Killing Joke
played Norway was 1982, according to the gigography on the official site.
I don't remember seeing any of the Scandi nations included in Euro tours.
Someone told me their theory a while back - that it was too close to Iceland
for comfort, considering the enemies they'd apparently made there - but
I never bought that, seeing as its just as easy for someone in Iceland to
fly
to Scotland as it is to fly to Norway if they were on a mission to
assassinate/curse/stalk Jaz.

Anyone know why? I mean, +every+ band on the planet comes through Oslo,
Stockholm and
Copenhagen on European tours. Every damn one. Apart from Killing Joke.

Anyway, I bought the new Clutch album instead. And mighty fine it is too.