[kj] [KJ] Pylon Deluxe

T.B. planetary at socal.rr.com
Fri Oct 23 14:26:11 EDT 2015

Nick Scott wrote:

(snip)

Panopticon my favourite from the bunch shame it was not included on the standard edition, I won't spoil the lyrics, but just will say it most certainly is another Jaz view on big brother....simply brilliant tune.

+++++++++

I downloaded the lossless FLAC version of the deluxe album from Pledge this morning and agree Panopticon should have been on the regular version of the album.  Some of the lyrics are hysterical ("All your friends, all your colleagues, how often you take a shit...") and like "Big Buzz," it's one of the few tracks that retains the white noise guitar fuzz of Geordies '02-'09 demos.  In fact, I hear some of one of the '06 demoes in this track but not to the degree Big Buzz and it's respective demo.

The album is really growing on me.  I know I was kind of down on it at least compared to the previous two albums a couple weeks ago after hearing the leak but I am really enjoying it with repeated listenings.