[kj] kj] Age of Greed- Veggie Heaven

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Sat Oct 17 17:53:06 EDT 2015

Humans have an affinity for / bias towards mammals, hence the debate about
Japanese and Faroe Islanders killing whales, Chinese dog eating festivals
etc.

In terms of supporting rational / ethical arguments: mammals have the most
complex nervous systems, behaviour and communication of all animals. Whether
that has any bearing is up for debate, but limiting the context to sentient
/ not sentient isn't necessarily the whole story.

I'm good up to this point, but if anyone mentions octopuses...must dash!