[kj] Youth with the 4 Be 2's

Paul dubecho at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 10:57:16 EST 2015

Cool pictures, thank you.
When Killing Joke, played Dublin last, after the gig, Jock McDonald was
back stage too. Sound bloke.
Back in the 80s, when KJ, were supposed to play Dublin, but gig was
cancelled, due to the Stardust Disco, burning down (48 died and 214 were
injured). Not the bands fault, both fire and cancellation. Anyway I
digress, the night of the gig, most did not know it was cancelled, but
Jock, turned up with Jimmy Lydon, and passed out their new 12". They were
calling themselves Pope Paul & the Romans, song called Why Won't Rangers
Sign a Catholic? <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrpKa02nPI0> and B side
of The Merry Ploughboy <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoBlhDTjlCc>, which
they called We're off to Dublin. That was like a 4 be 2's/Bollock Brothers
side project, so don't think Youth, was involved. The songs themselves are
somewhat sectarian, but came from the Celtic FC, supporters, regularly on
the terraces of Paradise (Celtic Park, for non believers lol).
Anyway something from nothing and a nice trip down memory lane for me, good
times : ) Got a 4 be 2's T shirt too, which like the 12" is long gone.