[kj] Roundhouse

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Sat Nov 7 19:08:49 EST 2015

Hopefully nobody knows my home address and will come to knife me, but I'm not crazy over the new cd. Sound (esp Paul) is great but songwriting to me is lazy. I can't get lost in it like many other ones. Also, at least the last 4 had diversity to keep t interesting --metal chug, synth based tunes (ESS), dark and gloomy (Judas Goat), proggy, punk, etc. But this one sounds too much like the songs were written on the spot. They can take a 2 or 3 vocal riff and make it intense (Exorcism is the best example) but I don't feel it much on this cd.

Sent from my iPhone