[kj] Roundhouse

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Sat Nov 7 11:47:41 EST 2015

So, the setlist:

The Wait
Autonomous Zone
The Fall of Because
Eighties
Beautiful Dead
I Am the Virus
Exorcism
Change
Money Is Not Our God
Requiem
Dawn of The Hive
Panopticon
Wardance
Into The Unknown
Asteroid
Pssyche

Encore:
Turn To Red
Madness
Love Like Blood
Pandemonium

I was seated upstairs - front seat, great view, but still slightly sad not to be getting sweaty and battered down the front.

The track I was most looking forward to, based on recent setlists, was Delete, so it was a bit galling that they dropped it... on the other hand, several less-recent numbers were absolute stormers, so overall no complaints!  Particularly good ones for me were:

Fall of Because (the first KJ track that really grabbed me, all those years ago)
Eighties
Beautiful Dead
I am the Virus
Change
Pssyche

Contrary to expectations, I rather enjoyed Wardance and Pandemonium.  The former certainly got a large section of the crowd going.

The sound was a bit disappointing.  Too loud, I thought, and Geordie's guitar didn't really come through in all its glory.  Especially disappointing for LLB, which lives and dies on the guitar.

Best thing was probably having such a great view of the whole band, all the way back to Big Paul.  He was absolutely pounding those drums... fearsome energy all the way through.

Cheers,

Jamie