[kj] "Pylon" Chart Roundup: FYI

Rheinhold Squeegee kjlist at live.com
Tue Nov 3 10:00:34 EST 2015

Correct. "Pylon" has dropped out of the Top 100 already, but that was honestly to be expected, barring some act of the Deity. They haven't held an album in the Top 100 for more than one week since "Pandemonium" in '94, and "Night Time" in '85 before that.

KJ has a sizable and faithful core group of fans who bought the album immediately, and in multiple formats. Spinefarm / KJ management did a much better job this time at exploiting that fan base, getting the word out and building interest / excitement.

International chart listings are easily found on-line, but all I could come up with was Germany and the Netherlands, although that was probably from import sales. The album technically hasn't been released outside the UK yet, and I doubt it will have an actual domestic release in North America, although Amazon shows Nov. 20 as a release date for the regular vinyl.