[kj] 30 years of NIGHT TIME

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 9 06:27:47 EDT 2015

The question of what each member brings is a complex one. It's tempting to ascribe the metal/industrial influences of post-OTG as Raven's doing, since he was also heavily active in the industrial and metal scenes. However, Pandemonium and Absolute Dissent also showcase the chugga-chugga. I don't think that's Youth's doing. Youth brought the trance and techno elements to the band obviously, but chugga-chugga really isn't his style.

No, I think there's only one person we can look to for the chugga: Geordie. Obviously it's what gives him the most musical satisfaction at the moment.

Youth's return has brought new production approaches, most importantly. He's broadening the band's sound, which I feel is very much a good thing. Big Paul fits into the sound perfectly, and maybe he's bringing new artistic considerations too. I liked AD, but it felt like a tentative effort, a way to see if 'it' could still happen. MMXII sounded much more like a band, and I'm hoping the next one continues that progression.

Ramble, ramble.

Jim.