[kj] 30 years of NIGHT TIME

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 05:40:20 EDT 2015

On 7 Mar 2015, at 13:19, jpwhkj--- via Gathering <gathering at misera.net> wrote:

> …. from Extremities onwards, that magical combination seems to have faded away.  Not entirely - there's been the occasional track since - but there's been too much growling from Jaz, too much chugging from Geordie, not enough of the funky dance ethic, not enough of the guitar that sounds like "a thousand orchestras playing at once", ..

Bang on Jamie.
They got stuck in a metal route of "chugga-chugga-SHOOOOOOOUT!”
Big Paul and Youth - the missing pieces are back, it’s refined the sound and is becoming something more akin to Killing Joke of yore.
Each release with the original line up far outshine the last few prior to it and each new release (IMO) gets stronger and stronger. Yes there’s still the odd chugga-chugga-SHOOOOOOOUT, but presumably they’re to keep the chugga-chugga-SHOOOOOOOUT fans of the last few years happy?
Anyway, I am back to feeling optimistic and excited about each new release than indifferent.
They feel fresh again.