[kj] Absolute Dissent vinyl question

T.B. planetary at socal.rr.com
Wed Feb 11 13:06:08 EST 2015

From: Gathering [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On Behalf Of Neil Perry

The CD didn't sound great either so not sure if it was a problem with the vinyl...
mine was sealed as far as I remember.
For anyone who wants MMXII on vinyl, you can get the double coloured LP for a tenner here (reduced from £25!)

http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/57631.htm

LOL, I just bought a copy of the MMXII vinyl off Amazon UK for list price a week ago (still awaiting it in the mail).

Regarding the AD vinyl, the mastering just sounds murkier than the CD which has a lot more range and definition, nasty as the production and mastering is.  Plus, at least my vinyl copy is just really nasty sounding right out of the sleeve - even with a cleaning, a lot of surface noise, pops and ticks... crap that just illustrates why people migrated from vinyl to CD back at the end of the 80s in the first place.  Physically, it looks neat though and I'm a sucker for the gatefold album graphics.

T.B.