[kj] [OT] RIP Lemmy

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 29 19:13:07 EST 2015

If there was any animosity, I’m relatively certain it was considered ancient history some time ago. I believe Motorhead were here in NYC around the same time the `Joke were here a few tours ago, and I do remember hearing that all four of them went to the Motorhead gig. It’s the least they could do, really — seeing as “Implant” and “Implosion” are basically Motorhead songs (in a good way).

I am reminded of a nearly identical situation with the Clash, with whom the Joke also shared rehearsal space — mutual antipathy until years later, Jaz recounted an anecdote about getting blind drunk with Strummer and patching everything up.

I’m relatively positive the Joke and Lemmy were on good terms.

Alex in NYC