[kj] OT Drenge

Brian Whitehead bawhitehead at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 04:35:45 EDT 2015

I went to see them earlier this year at the excellent Kazimier in
Liverpool. Wow amazing energy, the place was rocking. Walked out at end of
night thinking I'd witnessed something special. I was that impressed I
drove down to Sheffield a few nights later.
As for the LP, I've had to put it away as I found myself constantly playing
it. Best track Running Wild. First LP is a corker as well. I see a lot of
early Nirvana in them.
Another band I saw that had massive energy was the Slaves. Just like Drenge
the place was rocking. Bit of odd night though as when I looked around I
realised that I wasn't one of the oldest there - I was the oldest.

Jokers

Have a listen to Drenge. The album Undertow. Been a staple chez Moss
recently and there is a big Joke influence I'm sure.
http://youtu.be/-6Tgtukhadg

Hope you enjoy it!