[kj] OT: Fuck Apple

bq at soundgardener.co.nz bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Sun Sep 14 05:22:05 EDT 2014

The ones with 80 / 160 GB are hard-disk based, not flash memory. Dunno why you'd want moving parts in your music player. Lots of storage, yes, but with flash memory you can throw the thing across the room and it'll keep playing. Much more resilient to shock, temp etc.

Another problem with Apple is...Apple. They get jealous when you see other devices. You want to go with something agnostic. I had a couple of Sony Walkman mp3s; drowned one, and the other got pinched. Now I just use my phone. Wish I still had the Walkman to be honest. Tiny compared to the phone.

Good combination if you are really set on a lot of storage, is to have a phone with a few 32 GB SD cards loaded with music...if you're set on playing CD quality.