[kj] Poll: Worst song off OTG

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 04:48:44 EDT 2014

at the risk of being buried up to my neck and stoned, I quite like most of OTG.
Yes, it’s all a bit cheesy and naffly produced, but the actual musical structures and lyrics are great. It’s just not been very well done.
It has dated horribly though.
Unto the Ends I absolutely love, especially the lyrics and progressions are fantastic.
It’s a shame it was never what it was intended to be; a Jaz Coleman solo album as a lot of the ideas are pretty solid. Like I said, it’s just been badly executed.
I’d love to hear a lot of OTG reworked, but it’ll never happen.
Still, without OTG, EDAVRE to where they are now would never have happened.

For me by far the worst track off it is on the CD version: Stay One Jump Ahead extended mix with Jaz’s embarrassing dad rapping.
Quite possibly the worst Killing Joke song EVER produced.
Ironically, the opening guitar riff is one of Geordies best.

For me Democracy is the most disappointing/least played.