[kj] KJ on 'Goth at BBC' tonight

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Sun Nov 2 14:12:16 EST 2014

See below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Richards <green.sun1980 at gmail.com>
To: jpwhkj <jpwhkj at aol.com>; A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!) <gathering at misera.net>
Sent: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 2:42
Subject: Re: [kj] KJ on 'Goth at BBC' tonight

1. Siouxsie just looks bloody silly.  It's a great track and I know she's a punk / goth goddess blah blah blah, but... sorry.

She looked great but she ain't no fucking dancer

Dunno about "great" (she's never really done it for me) but yes, primarily I was talking about her "dancing".

2. Miming.  It's shit.

Yup

3. The Sisters were taking themselves way too seriously.

Que? Watching them doing "Lucretia.." I wish I had paid more attention to them - it's dance music for dark,dank, small clubs.

Yes, I rather like them, and Lucretia is definitely one of their better songs, but I just think they're total poseurs.

4. Depeche Mode.  Really????

Why not?

Seemed odd to have included such a non-goth band when plenty of other gothier stuff got left out.

5. PJ Harvey... reminds me of a Beavis and Butthead episode where they talk about what a weird chick she is.  Probably correctly.

The more I listen to her the more I like her, she may be odd, but that is part of the charm. You can't argue with her music.

I haven't heard much of her stuff but mostly I've liked what I've heard.  And there ain't nowt wrong with being weird.  Just sayin'.