[kj] KJ doc update: from FB

Rheinhold Squeegee kjlist at live.com
Fri Jun 27 13:46:49 EDT 2014

A really quick update as we've been silent for ages...
 After three years, it appears we have finally tracked all the music rights owners and bashed out the basics
 of deals with most of them; this has been a significant hold up in the
release and is often the case for many music docs. KJ do control a fair
bit of the catalogue, but not all of it, there's various bits in there
from other artists too.

The film has been screening to various distributors and other buyers
internationally quite a bit over recent weeks, we have the basics of a
cinema release (predominantly UK), DVD release and TV/VOD screenings
longer term worked out but are working on territories where releases
aren't currently in place. There's lots of interest in the film, though
everyone's struggling to comprehend how large the KJ audience is; if you
 get a sec give us a hand and let fellow Gatherers know about the film
by shooting out an invite to this page, it all helps marketing minded
people get an understanding for things.
 It is extremely likely
that pre-orders will be available for DVDs and/or blu-rays very very
very soon, we're working out a nice package with lots of extra footage
etc.
 By no means finalised, but pencilled in, we're looking
towards cinema in autumn/winter this year and DVD over winter, more
details as they become set in stone. We'll get as many cinema screenings
 in as we can as the experience takes it all up a notch with big screen
and big sound.
 Apologies for the quiet and the endless maybes;
we've joined a club of music docs that were tricky to make and
considerably harder to get properly released, but it feels like we're
almost there at last. In the interim Shaun has been endlessly refining
the sound mix and edit, which is something you don't usually get the
opportunity to do, it's looking and sounding great.
 Keep with us dear friends, we're nearly there...