[kj] writing through Cythera, #01

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 20:16:38 EDT 2014

I am reading Jaz Coleman, Letters From Cythera, at a pace. This should be
the first in a series of conversations.

Regarding Midnight Oil and their front-man (some say "singer") - Any
practical politician is determined, and by their success bound, to become
median and detestable. These are simply different job descriptions than
persons who write prose-poetry about earth sciences. The bit about cheap
radios is precious. I fail to see the gross malignancy.

Despite almost all of the assurances of medical science, a person who they
say will be my daughter is due in early August. I own an old house
(mortgaged), near top of the 2nd tier of Milwaukee, around students,
hipsters, solidly realistic families, some young techs, and generally a
cross section of the city. A good pupil will thrive in public schools, and
benefit from the range and density. We will make sure.

Will follow on other topics later.

--Mark