[kj] OT: John Ashton's Satellite Paradiso (feat. Big Paul)

Frank Coleman fbc at 21ca.com
Fri Jan 31 00:10:53 EST 2014

Hey all:

As some of you know from Facebook, I am deeply fortunate to be playing
with John Ashton (formerly of The Psychedelic Furs) on his new Satellite
Paradiso project.

The line-up for this thing is pretty amazing:

John Ashton (Psychedelic Furs) – Guitars & Loops
Fred Schreck (The Ancients/Crush) – Vocals, Guitars, Keys
Sara Lee (Gang of Four/B-52′s/Todd Rundgren) – Bass
Gail Ann Dorsey (David Bowie/Lenny Kravitz/Tears for Fears) – Bass
Roger Morris (Psychedelic Furs/Castle Bravo) – Guitars, Keys
Duncan Kilburn (Psychedelic Furs/The Strangers) – Sax
Frank Coleman (Bentmen/Secret Agent) – Drums, Piano
Paul Ferguson (Killing Joke) – Drums
Paul Garisto (Psychedelic Furs/Iggy Pop) – Drums
Don Yallech (Psychedelic Furs) – Drums
BP Hurding (X-Ray Spex/Classix Nouveaux) – Drums
Mars Williams (Psychedelic Furs/The Waitresses/Liquid Soul) – Sax
Amanda Kramer (Psychedelic Furs/World Party) – Piano, Keys
Jo Quail – Electric Cello
Jonathan Donahue (Mercury Rev) – Keys, Loops
Jane Scarpantoni (Lou Reed/Yeah Yeah Yeahs) – Cello
Alexandra Cutler-Fetkewicz (Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia) – Violin
Louis Schwadron (Polyphonic Spree/Sky White Tiger) – Sax, Horn, Keys
Mark Volman (Flo & Eddie/The Turtles/Frank Zappa/T.Rex) – Backing Vocals
Jen Gloeckner – Backing Vocals, Synth, Loops
And a few more surprises...

As you can see, Big Paul himself is playing drums on a few tracks,
including one we just released as a teaser earlier tonight, called Big
Block. Here's the link for that:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/satelliteparadiso/updates

Anyway, I have to believe this will be of great interest to everyone
here. Do have a listen, pledge if you can, and help us spread the word
if you would be so kind.

A year ago, I never would have believed that I'd find myself working
with these amazing people. Hope you enjoy - I'm sure you will!

best,
FBC

F R A N K . C O L E M A N
Designer . Director . Drummer