[kj] Ski Patrol reissue with Coles artwork

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 06:21:47 EST 2014

Just remembered/re-discovered why the Lowery name was so familiar:

"Going out on his own under the King Blank moniker, Lowery continued his
wicked ways on the three-track *Mouth Off*, featuring the input of
Screaming Blue Messiahs honcho Bill Carter, who produced and played on one
song and co-wrote two. With the Messiahs backing him on the title track,
Lowery seems newly dangerous..."

I had this EP only because the Messiahs were (and still are) one of my
favourite bands, but I remember it being good.
Sigh, time to get busy on ebay I guess.

On 28 January 2014 09:39, bongo <humanhybrid666 at gmail.com> wrote:

> i had King Blank on record, or maybe one of my first ever cd's...

> cant remember, sold it ages ago...

> checking it all out on youtube again now

> =)

> "due to a lack of trained trumpeters, the end of the world has been

> postponed indefinitely..."

> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 9:09 PM, Neil Perry <65snoopy at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I have a Ski Patrol 7" in a box somewhere, Cut I think. I remember the

>> Ian Lowery group being OK,

>> sure I saw them live back in the day - no, I never realised it was the

>> same guy. He died in 2001 apparently.

>> On 27 January 2014 23:08, <jpwhkj at aol.com> wrote:

>>> Wow!

>>> That's excellent news. I only properly got into the Joke in '83, and

>>> back in those pre-internet days it was a real journey of discovery. For

>>> example, it took a while to discover that they'd released something before

>>> Wardance / Pssyche. After that I found out about Red Beat and Ski Patrol,

>>> but it wasn't till 1988 that I managed to get a copy of a tape of Red Beat

>>> (and some while later that I found some vinyl at a record fair or 2nd hand

>>> shop)... but I never found any Ski Patrol.

>>> Agent Orange sounds pretty cool (on the link below) and I didn't know

>>> that Jaz played synth for them.

>>> Thanks for posting...

>>> Jamie

>>> Subject: [kj] Ski Patrol reissue with Coles artwork