[kj] Killing Joke-inspired bands

T.B. planetary at socal.rr.com
Wed Jan 15 17:09:50 EST 2014

Alex Smith wrote:

Yeah, I love the Lords as well, but I'm afraid I don't hear it either. Certainly a sort of attitudinal affinity, but not sonic.

Alex in NYC

Go listen to "New Church," Holy War," "Open Your Eyes" and "Russian Roulette." Sure, it's not overt - Comparing Brian James and Geordie's sound in the early 80's is like comparing Keith Richards to The Edge and Stiv Bator and Jaz are miles apart vocally, but both bands were mining the same sonic tribal territory and anti-fascist political hysteria at the same time. They even played a few festival dates in Europe together around '83.

T.B.