[kj] Who is this guy and why does he have nice things to say about KJ?

P West fluke1 at live.co.uk
Fri Feb 21 15:39:52 EST 2014

She probably remembers them from the last time she saw you wearing KJ T-Shirt

Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 14:07:21 -0500
From: vassifer at earthlink.net
To: gathering at misera.net; gathering at misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] Who is this guy and why does he have nice things to say about KJ?

Ah, fair point -- yeah, missed that.
I think "big in the 80's" is relative, though. My mother-in-law (now in her OWN 80's) lived in the UK, and she spotted me wearing a Killing Joke shirt last summer and mentioned something like "Oh, i remember them." That fact that a woman with relatively zero connection to punk rock had heard their name suggests that -- while it didn't seem that way at the time -- Killing Joke were relatively "big." Are "known" and 'big" the same thing?
Remember, a dreadful cover of "Eighties" even made its way into being the theme song for a strenuously abortive American sit.com in the 90s.
Whether they care to admit it or not, lots of people do know Killing Joke.
Alex in NYC