[kj] Holfirth Picturedome

Mark Vickers vickersms at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Aug 15 07:55:48 EDT 2014

I thought the band were great last night - tight, sober and it seemed, really enjoying the show! The venue was to say the least in the arse end of nowhere but then I again I did have to drive 4 hours to get there and wasn't in the best of moods on arrival. Lovely setting though with the hills and all that.  Probably the stragest place I've seen Joke in.

I know a few have commented on the set list being a little stale and I must agree. Whilst appreciating that Youth didn't like playing material he didn't feature on originally, it's clear that they seem to be playing other material now (from EDAVRE for example) so I can't see why they don't tap into more classics from the back catalogue. I for one would love to hear songs from Fire Dances, Night Time etc. again and these are fantastic albums that I'd have thought all hardcore fans love (don't they?). I've a feeling we'll be getting some 'new' material soon and perhaps a tour next year - anyone managed to verify with the Band?

Anyhow, as I said the gig was great and I'm looking forward to Bristol tonight. It's always a privilage to witness Killing Joke! Best to all.