[kj] Geordie and a fire extinguisher incident

Paul dubecho at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 06:52:11 EDT 2014

As I am sure not all on the Gathering use Faecesbook, I thought I would
share this. It's Big Paul's account of the Geordie and a fire extinguisher
incident and a comment from Youth.

https://www.facebook.com/BigPaulFerguson

Status Update
By Big Paul Ferguson: Official
I've heard talk of a post regarding Geordie and a fire extinguisher
incident. I've seen a few responses so I thought I'd throw my thoughts into
the ring. After all, I was there.
It was a very regretful accident, for which Geordie paid a very large,
especially then, amount of money in an effort to compensate.
It also caused problems for the recording and soured the relationship we
were building with studio..there's a first.
I was awakened the morning after the event by a tearful studio owner and a
gang of German police, badges and guns bristling. Through the fog of my own
tequila- (or was it vodka-) induced hangover I could barely understand what
the problem was but twernt too long before the pfennig dropped and I
understood the reason for the man's calamity.

We had only recently arrived at Hansa, was it the day before? We were
exuberant, excited to be in Berlin with Kimsey and to be making a new album
and we were having a party in the studio. We were dancing to Yello or some
such and generally horsing around as happened in those days, and
drinking'n'ting ... a lot.

So as the noise and excitement builds Geordie thinks to add to the fun by
squirting foam from a nearby extinguisher at Chris (Kimsey that is). Would
have been funny only oops, that isn't foam coming out, it's metal flakes
and it's going everywhere and it won't stop.
Plays havoc with circuitry .Party over.

Yes, he should have known better but there was no malicious intent and
people do some pretty stupid things when they're young, drunk and on top of
the world. Including not paying for the pizza.

<https://www.facebook.com/martin.glover.50?fref=ufi>
Martin Glover <https://www.facebook.com/martin.glover.50?fref=ufi> You've
got to read Jaz's account in his book, it's priceless, had me in stitches