[kj] My thoughts on Letters From Cythera

The Stranger letranger789 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 16:13:34 EDT 2014

I finished the book recently as well and I thought it was fantastic.  So glad he did it!

It's definitely worth reading.  It's really well written but, as you might expect, you will be assaulted with a massive barrage of ideas and impressions.  Some fascinating, some confusing, some hilarious, some mundane and some terrifying.  But never boring!!

Reading it is kind of like looking at a rich and elaborate collage of images while riding on a high speed roller-coaster.

Interesting tidbits:

-Jaz suspects or believes that he is mildly autistic.
-He entertains (or at least discusses) the idea that Satan (or Shaitan) was humanity's advocate in the early days and brought useful knowledge and methods of spiritual liberation to early humans and may be the creator of this world..  Ideas that have come up before in the song "The Lightbringer".
-Geordie once set their keyboard player on fire! hahahahahaaaaa!