[kj] Quiet

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Mon May 20 07:28:30 EDT 2013

Yes, everyone here thought Norway should have one, too...
I was actually at a Eurovision party at someone's house on Saturday. Before
I moved to Norway
I don't think I'd seen Eurovision in full since I was 12 years old apart
from a maybe a few highlights laughing at Terry Wogan's
commentary... now I see it in full every year as here it is a big social
happening, dominates
the media, is the top story on that night's news etc. One of our friends
usually has a party and people
semi-ironically gather around and shout at the TV. It's a sort of
interesting social phenomena here but
after the umpteenth wailing diva from eastern europe I have to take my
booze and cigar outside for a
long break. The frenzy when Norway one a few years ago was something to
behold, lots of singing
in the streets etc.
So count yourselves lucky...