[kj] OT: Ruts DC

adrianwason at btinternet.com adrianwason at btinternet.com
Sun May 19 10:45:43 EDT 2013

good write up in Vive Le Rock 9/10

--- On Sun, 19/5/13, jpwhkj at aol.com <jpwhkj at aol.com> wrote:

From: jpwhkj at aol.com <jpwhkj at aol.com>
Subject: [kj] OT: Ruts DC
To: gathering at misera.net
Date: Sunday, 19 May, 2013, 8:01

I went to see Ruts DC on Friday night, having always rated the Ruts, and surprisingly never having heard Ruts DC.

I can exclusively reveal that they were fantastic.  They were musically tight as could be, obviously having a great time, and the crowd absolutely loved it.  And not forgetting the incredible songs.  Personal highlights were:

Staring at the rude boys
Babylon's Burning
West One
It was cold

...with the absolute highlight being It Was Cold - unbelievably powerful live.

The Ruts DC material was a real surprise - I loved it.  I bought a couple of CD's afterwards, and they're excellent.

Rude Jamie

PS Other surprise of the evening was support act the Sporadics - punk/ska crossover - very good, well worth seeing.

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----