[kj] Auckland gig ticket price:

bq@soundgardener.co.nz bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Fri Mar 8 22:13:10 EST 2013

Yes, welcome to our world - distance adds to the cost, but a lot of it is just a plain rort, small market, less competition, somewhat parochial consumer base. Easier to price fix, price gouge, set up cartels etc. And often the consumer has no alternative. Like having to pay for bottled water on a flight.

Deep purple played last week, tix were $138. Gets a bit nuts. A lot of ppl come to nz and say as much, cost of living is very high. It's basically similar to UK and Europe in some respects, but for some reason that's not what ppl expect abroad in a place like nz. $9 beer in the cbd etc...

Avoid tourist traps, airport and hotel prices, that's a good start, again, same as anywhere...

Sent from my HTC