[kj] Killing Joke AUSTRALIA

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Mar 7 16:57:48 EST 2013

I keep an eye on jobs in Melbourne and Sydney, there's significantly better
$ / career development / opportunities, and my experience in my last 2-year
stint was that there's a higher level of management skill. NZ is a low(er)
wage economy so a lot of our best and brightest leave to go where the money,
opportunity, and smart cookies are.to be honest I'm a bit astounded at times
at who gets into all sorts of positions in NZ organisations. Managers and
middle-managers in particular can be a bit sub-standard because good ones
can much more o/s.

Anyway with NZ property prices being what they are, you need to earn as much
as you can and make hay while the sun shines.I'm applying to change teams at
work to get into an area I think I'd be better at, if that doesn't work out
then I'll probably head over soonish. That might segue into a Killing Joke
tour pretty well.