[kj] Pearl Jam and Guns N' Roses (and KJ???) supergroup in the works

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Tue Mar 5 03:53:13 EST 2013

McCready is a great feel player, check out Even Flow.one of those few
energetic organic rock out Pearl Jam songs before they went a bit M.O.R.

Anyway, on to the topic at hand. Obviously McCready and the guy from
Screaming Trees have grunge & Seattle in common. Duff McKagan comes from
Seattle, and was always reputed to be one of the guys who would make it out
of the Seattle scene and make it big.which he did, albeit with dirty LA Rock
vs dirty Seattle grunge. He's supposed to be a big fan of punk into the
bargain.

Leaving Jazsteroid. One link is that reputedly pretty much all of the
Seattle bands worshipped Killing Joke, there's a quote from Kim Thayil that
every town in the area had a Killing Joke rip off band.and you should all
know by now that Soundgarden and Nirvana were both huge fans.

I missed out on getting pre-sales tix to Killing Joke's NZ gig today, bah.
Have to watch that like a hawk.I'm hoping that them playing a tiny venue
will be a plus not a minus, will it.?