[kj] Auckland gig: FYI

bongo humanhybrid666 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 01:22:35 EDT 2013

ok, tried to put some words together, not an unbiased rock critic review,
but how my night went..

me and jo (wife) drove down after work.. whangarei to auckland is a two
hour drive, so made it to the venue when the doors opened... had car
issues, but wont get into that - we made it there..
found jase and chars, then found a cheap piss shop and downed a few 8%ers..
found brendon & sister, talked shit outside for a bit and bumped into a few
other friends... the support band i found out was a new mix of old bands -
flotsam and jetsam of yesteryear, missed every note..
walked into the studio after support act finished. it was a bit packed, but
all our group made it up the front stage right without much struggle, tho
it was crowded we had space..
the few minutes before the band came on were filled with drug like ecstasy!
my plan was to stay with jo and co for most of the time, and thrash out a
bit for my fav songs..... as soon as requiem started tho - i was off!
glasses off, serious time...
i have no idea of the setlist, but of course i knew every goddamn fucking
song and every fucking one was a fucking favourite that night!!! pssyche i
knew would be good - it was... but as i said before TDARS had me near
fainting/vomiting the most!!! did i hold back? fuck no! if you were up
front, you knew i was there.. rough? a bit... was i a dick? maybe... did i
care? no. i kept an eye on the midget and watched myself around the guy in
the wheelchair (near stage side), but apart from that, i was not standing
still.
most others up front seemed pleased for the enthusiasm and when the guy up
front stated blindly elbowing anything that touched him, me and a tall
skinhead exchanged many sentences without words, and removed him from his
treasured position simply by 'dancing' HA!
i think there was a small fight, didn't see what started it but i was
shunted near them when they left the front... nothing major - just dumb.
i'd really like to see a setlist to jog my memory... i have many memories,
but they are all disjointed.. bloodsport (not change - dont think they
played that??!), was joyous - geordie and youth facing off, playing off
each other, and jaz in between yelling and screaming and smiling!!
three old mates simply rocking out together, they were loving it and we
were loving it!
every song was great, altho i'm sure others complained of the sound. it was
a bit loud!
went to the sidelines after a few songs, no jase or brendon in sight, but
there was my wife, rockin by herself and looking at ease, comfortable in
the chaos, and a bit sexy! stayed with her for about half of MINOG then
something else started and i had to go back into the middle, which was only
about 4m away..

all in all, my night was great, and Killing Joke done what i had hoped they
would.

never saw any of the band apart from onstage, youth was dj-ing an after
party somewhere, but we left after saying goodbyes to everyone...

cheers.

(now if you want a review with real goods punctuation n shit, ask that
fucker who wore a soundgarden tshirt to a KJ gig!!!)

=)

=D

postponed indefinitely..."