[kj] Killing Joke Ultra Rare Songs (The Hive)

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Wed Jul 10 18:44:42 EDT 2013

The Hive contains elements that became part of Harlequin ... early versions
of a number of the songs from the Firedances album were aired on the short
tour in "club sized" venues in December 1982 ... these gigs followed soon
after the KJ return to the UK with Raven with gigs in October 1982 included
the London Lyceum then the infamous filmed Brixton Ace show of CH4's
"Whatever You Want" fame ... interesting that the version of The Hive you
posted was from Brighton 15/12/1982 as the only bootleg I'd heard previously
was from Liverpool Warehouse 13/12/1982 which includes the following :

The Hive : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIw_iJvQRd0

The Vision : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVzRmmy10yc (a prototype Feast
Of Blaze)

Set-list from Liverpool 13/12/1982 was The Fall Of Because, Sun Goes Down,
Frenzy, Wardance, We Have Joy, The Gathering (slightly slower early verson),
Lust Almighty, The Hive, The Vision, Pssyche, Empire Song, Change, The
Pandys Are Coming

For over 30 years, I've been trying to find a bootleg of the next night,
14/12/1982, the Klub Foot (Hammersmith Clarendon "upstairs") - it was a bit
mental !!!