[kj] New Show: March 22 in Malmo, Sweden

Björn Ahrling b.ahrling at telia.com
Fri Feb 8 08:53:22 EST 2013

Hello Gatherers
I´ve been lurking in this gathering list for a while.

Since this relevant orchestra is intending to come to my hometown Malmö (20 minutes from the Danish Capitol Copenhagen) now suddenly, i can mention some short history of "early" KJ in Scandinavia

The first time KJ was in Scandinavia was in Copenhagen 24 th August of 1983
It took place in venue called "Saltlageret" this is the place mentioned as "Venue unknown" at the past gigs list on KJ official.
They opened up with a GOOOOD E V E N I N G !!!! and killed our ears first with Dominator

Local support act was announced to be "ADS"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICFVRSTewwA&feature=related

however there was some quarrel behind the scene and they never got on stage. ADS was always surrounded by chaos back in the days so i am not surprised .

ADS has its own interesting history; the base player Stig left the band (or kicked out) was one of the formers of "D-A-D"
and the Guitaris Lars Top was one of the formers of the band "SORT SOL".

A few days after the Copenhagen gig the band went fishing deep in the Swedish woods and playd at Norberg Folkets Park- there was a rumour that the band never found out afterwards where they had been actually. Since it´s so far out in the Swedish country side.

I write with very small letters that I can count to at least 3 cancelled KJ gigs in Sweden during the years. - but i stay positive.

Hilsen/ Hälsningar/ Grüsse Regards Björn :)