[kj] Help-Musical Equipment

Paul Wady paulwady at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 28 07:57:00 EDT 2012

Have you got an Apple Mac? Garageband on that is free with the gear. Perfect primer. Drum loops onboard.
Got yourself a dead cert Kate Bush there if you have? Also you can get midi drum trigger pads that will go into gear via interfaces?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROLAND-PAD-5-HANDYPAD-MIDI-DRUM-CONTROLLER-PAD-PAD5-/321006950662?pt=Midi_Controllers&hash=item4abd815906

I have two of the above and they would be perfect for kids. Tough as hell. Cheap too and just as good as the expensive stuff, with a sticks or hand variable sensitivity control. You can dance around with them as they are designed to be held.

As for drums...well, try one of these?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Akai-MPC-1000-Sampling-Drum-Machine-100gb-Hard-Disk-128mb-RAM-Boxed-Manual-/190743062960?pt=UK_Drum_Machines_Grooveboxes&hash=item2c692c29b0
I perform with mine. Brilliant gear. Give her a pair of headphones and enjoy the violent silence of the daughter as she thumps the inbuilt pads to her hearts content!!
As for interface...ah bugger it. Just use a line in/mike or onboard mike??
Find equivalent gear for PC?

:)