[kj] Killing Joke Competition Prize - Another story of failed deliveries

Per G Olsson Per.G.Olsson at Miljonmysteriet.com
Wed May 30 06:23:16 EDT 2012

On April 4th this appeared on the Official Killing Joke Facebook page:

> Our record is out this week, and to celebrate we're giving away some CD, vinyl and digital copies of 'MMXII' as well as tickets (gig of your choice) to our tour with The Cult as the ultimate prize bundle.

> Once this post reaches 150 shares we'll give you a secret message, and the first three people to respond will win.

> (http://www.facebook.com/killingjokeofficial/posts/377015262338819)

After about 6 hours (with the 150 passed long before that) the competition kicked off and to my utter surprise I was one of the three who first replied correctly.
Now... call me a cynic, but I didn't dare to boast about my prize here on the mailing list as the track record of deliveries from KJ isn't exactly perfect.
Anyway, straight away I got this message:
(names changed to protect "the innocent")

> Hello Per.

> I work with Killing Joke, and will need your details for sending your prize to. I will also need to know which of the Killing Joke/Cult shows you would like two tickets to as part of your prize.

> If you could email me on bloke at KJmangement.co.uk, that would be great.

> Just so you know I'm genuine, I'll have the band leave the sentence "Congratulations to our three winners - you have been contacted via Facebook so check your inboxes now - you know what to do", in around 5 minutes from now.

> Congratulations, and many thanks. Bloke.

I sent my address, choice of gig etc and got a relatively quick reply (within days):

> Hi Per.

> Thanks for getting in touch, and I can confirm all your prizes will be sent out via post as soon as possible.

> Congratulations again. Best. Bloke.

And then a KJ song broke out:
The Wait...
After over month of nothingness I politely asked about the fate of my prize and got a reply...

> Will check this for you.

> Bloke.

Two weeks later, still nothing.

Anyway, my prize could have been lost in the post (although that never has happened to me before) as I'm in such a "distant" country (Sweden), so maybe I was just being unlucky.

Well...
Last week I got a message to my facebook account from one of the other winners (Royce in the US).
Guess what?
He hadn't received anything either.
Further more, he had also contacted the third winner (Michael in UK) and...
Nothing had been sent to him either.
Both these guys have been much more persistent in querying about the whereabouts of the goods that me.

Now, I already have a (completely legal) copy of MMXII (CD) so I'm not missing out on the album.
The Vinyl would be VERY NICE to have, but I'll survive without it.
The gig would be fun to go to, but I'll save money by not going (airfare, accommodation) and I fear the Mission 2012 will make me ill.

However, it still sucks big time.
If you arrange a competition - make sure you have the prizes ready to ship.
If there's a problem - communicate it.

I very much doubt that we will receive anything - I actually have higher hopes of one day holding my signed copy of "Down by the River" in my hands than the prize.
I've followed this lot since 1980 and somehow managed to miss out on the Gems of Power so this is by far the worst let down I've had (Royce lost $350 when KJ cancelled in the US last year, so I guess I should be happy).

Some people on the list seem to have direct connections with the "inner circles" of KJ.
Could you please forward this to them?

Yours Pissed Off
/Per